|Former candidate for|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 55|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Mackin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Time and time again we see legislation from Columbus passed along party lines. I strongly believe in the ability of people to find solutions to solve problems rather than following an ideology that is unwilling to compromise. By working together and making fairness a priority we will find real solutions for all Ohioans."
Economy & Jobs
- Excerpt: "Ohio’s recovery from the 2008 recession is falling behind the rest of the country. My goal is to promote an economy that encourages growth and opportunity for all Ohioans, not just for the wealthy. The past financial crisis revealed the importance of maintaining a strong manufacturing base in both Ohio and the nation. This base is necessary to promote economic strength and national security."
- Excerpt: "Ohio needs to work with colleges and universities to reduce tuition. We can do this by expanding aid, reducing student loan interest rates, and increasing scholarships. For long-term success it is important to have a well-educated, well-trained workforce that fulfills the needs of employers and attracts future business development. Having affordable education is vital not only to our economy, but for Ohio's future."
- Excerpt: "Ohio is set to benefit from the ability to drill for oil and natural gas and the development of new sources of energy. These alternative sources are promoting profitable economic development and drawing businesses back to the region. The production of these sources of energy promotes national security by creating energy independence and the ability to offset market disruptions caused by wars, natural disasters, and market fluctuations and speculation."
- Excerpt: "Our Democracy depends on the voters’ participation and trust in the system. This requires fairness and accessibility to the ballot for all citizens. With busy workdays and family obligations, long lines on Election Day and limited voting times only discourage working people from voting. I will work to protect the right to vote by ensuring voters are given better accessibility through early voting and information about registering to vote."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Brendan Mackin was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Nathan Manning was unopposed in the Republican primary. Manning defeated Mackin in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 55 General Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brendan + Mackin + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 55
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Brendan Mackin on Facebook
- Brendan Mackin on Twitter
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |