Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona House of Representatives District 18|
Fine's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Arizona needs to increase partnerships between business and universities and community colleges, as well as public-private partnerships between business and government."
Truth in Budgeting
- Excerpt:"The Legislature for the last decade (and more so in recent years) has been playing tricks with the budget, using fund sweeps from special funds meant for other uses."
- Excerpt:"The state must live up to its obligations and fully fund maintenance and construction, so that school districts do not have to take money from the classroom or keep asking voters to pass overrides to pay for state-obligated services."
- Excerpt:"When the state was flush with cash, it’s one thing to cut taxes, but additional cuts are counter-productive and put the state in a position of being unable to provide a minimum level of services in many agencies, including the agency responsible for collecting taxes."
- Excerpt:"I believe their needs to be a multi-prong, state and federal approach to stop the flow of illegal immigration into Arizona and throughout the United States and deal with the 12-15 million illegal immigrants currently living in the country, although in recent years the number of illegal immigrant apprehensions has been declining (see graph, below). We also need to have a way to more quickly allow businesses, such as farmers, who are seeking temporary employment for true worker shortages, to bring in seasonal or temporary workers."
Fine ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 18. Fine ran as an Independent candidate. He was defeated in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brent + Fine + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Blue Magic: Petersen kept Boise State program rolling en route to 2007 Fiesta ... - The Idaho Statesman
- Bud Poliquin's Week 14 NFL Predictions - Syracuse.com
- Roy Exum: My Football Picks ? Nov. 22-23 - The Chattanoogan
- Misery Index Week 13: Grimacing in Gainesville - USA TODAY
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart