|Missouri House of Representatives, District 53|
|2011 - 2013|
|January 5, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Birthday||July 13, 1960|
|Place of birth||Tipton, Indiana|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lasater served on these committees:
- Appropriations - Public Safety and Corrections
- Crime Prevention
- Tourism and Natural Resources
- Transportation Funding and Public Institutions
No New Taxes Pledge
A minority of Missouri lawmakers signed the 2011 edition of the "No New Taxes Pledge." The Taxpayer Protection Pledge is offered by the non-profit lobbying organization Americans for Tax Reform with the goal of opposing all tax increases as a matter of principle. Just one out of 34 state Senate members signed the 2011 pledge. Out of 163 state House members, only 38 lawmakers signed.
Lasater signed the pledge.
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent John Mayfield was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Bill Kidd defeated Brent Lasater in the Republican primary. Kidd defeated Mayfield in the general election.
|Missouri House of Representatives District 20, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||John Mayfield Incumbent||45.5%||3,412|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 20 Republican Primary, 2014|
Lasater ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 20. Lasater ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by John A. Mayfield (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brent Lasater Incumbent||49.4%||7,514|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 53 General Election (2010)|
|Brent Lasater (R)||'5,291,|
|Diane Egger (D)||4,214|
In 2010, a year in which Lasater was up for re-election, he did not collect any money in donations.
Lasater and his wife, Veta, have two children.
- House site
- campaign site (timed out)
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Elections: Offices Filed in Candidate Filing," accessed April 11, 2014
- Americans for Tax Reform, "2011 State Legislative Signers of the Taxpayer Protection Pledge," accessed November 26, 2013
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Missouri 2010 - Candidates," accessed May 15, 2014
|Missouri House of Representatives District 53
| Succeeded by|
Glen Kolkmeyer (R)
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |