|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 129|
|Bachelor's||Baylor University, 1986|
|J.D.||University of Chicago, 1989|
|Birthday||December 19, 1963|
|Place of birth||Baytown, Texas|
Perry earned his B.S. from Baylor University in 1986 and his J.D. from the University of Chicago in 1989.
Perry's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
The Obamacare Administration
- Excerpt: " As your State Representative, I will use my experience to fight the Obama Administration and use every means possible to block his agencies from doing harm to our state, weakening our Constitutional rights, or damaging our economy."
The Texas Limited Government Model
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative, I will always stand for responsible, balanced budgets, lower taxes, and policies to empower our citizens with opportunities – that’s how we keep Texas Strong!"
Protecting Our Conservative Values
- Excerpt: "The 10th Amendment to the United States Constitution was enacted for a reason, to protect our states from federal tyranny. Texas is a conservative state. While other states or the federal government want to try to force their values on us, we must continue to stand for the principals we hold dear."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. John Gay was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Sheryl Berg and Dennis Paul defeated Briscoe Cain, Mary Huls, Jeff Larson, Chuck Maricle and Brent Perry in the Republican primary. Paul defeated Berg in the May 27 Republican primary. Gay and Paul will face off in the general election.
Perry and his wife, Carole, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brent + Perry + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- brentperryfortexas.com, "Issues," accessed February 12, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |