For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 3|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Southern Arkansas University|
Talley earned his B.S. from Southern Arkansas University.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Talley served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Insurance and Commerce|
|• Joint Energy|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Talley served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Performance Review|
|• Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs|
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Brent Talley was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Talley ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 3. Talley ran unopposed in the May 22 Democratic primary and defeated Sharon Wright (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 3, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Talley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Talley raised a total of $48,461 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 6, 2013.
|Brent Talley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State House, District 3||$48,461|
|Grand Total Raised||$48,461|
2012Talley won election to the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Talley raised a total of $48,461.
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brent Talley's campaign in 2012|
|Mike Ross for Congress Cmte||$4,000|
|Advance Arkansas Pac||$4,000|
|Arkansas Democratic Party||$2,500|
|Mark Pryor for us Senate||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$48,461|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the principles the Advance Arkansas Institute seeks to promote: free markets, individual liberty and limited transparent government.
- Legislators are scored on the bills that the CFC found most important.
- Legislators are scored on the bills specifically supported by Arkansas Learns.
Talley and his wife, Karen, have two children.
- Rep. Brent Talley - Arkansas House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Brent Talley on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Talley, Brent," accessed August 6, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 1, 2014
David Powers (D)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|