Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 44|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Black's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "America's (including Utah) Police has become a militarized violent oppressive force. Every entity that has a "Police Force" must be required to have an autonomous citizen review board."
- Excerpt: "Monsanto needs to be required to honestly label what is in the food like products they sell us to eat."
- Excerpt: "I propose full legalization of Cannabis in the State of Utah."
We are all Equal
- Excerpt: "The desire to discriminate against any class of people is repugnant. It is not what America or Utah is supposed to be. Bigots arguments are disingenuous and offensive. Same sex marriage is a right that cannot be denied."
- Excerpt: "Utah has allowed the NSA to build a massively oppressive Data Collection Center here. This is not good for Utah. I propose stopping water, garbage and any other services possible so they cannot operate here."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Christine Passey was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Bruce Cutler defeated John Jackson and Raymond J. Poole in the Republican convention. Bret Black ran as a Libertarian. Cutler defeated Passey and Black in the general election.
|Utah House of Representatives District 44, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Bruce R. Cutler||48.5%||4,208|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bret + Black + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 44
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Bret Black's Blog
- Bret Black on Facebook
- Bret Black on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Democracy.com, "Bret Black: Issues," accessed October 3, 2014
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Big day for women at Salt Lake Democratic convention," April 12, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 General Election Results," accessed November 24, 2014