|Former candidate for|
|Wyoming State Senate, District 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Western Wyoming Community College|
|Bachelor's||University of Wyoming|
|Service/branch||U.S. Army Reserve|
McCoy's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Jobs / Employment
I'm running for office because I see the damage of ongoing, prolonged economic stagnation in our community. My Main Street business specializes in employment for workers and human resources for businesses. I am keenly aware of the challenges our businesses and workers face and will work hard in my very first year of office to spur immediate growth and opportunity for Wyoming residents.
Health & Safety
Wyoming touts the 2nd-highest workplace fatality rate in the country, with 12.2 out of 100,000 workers being seriously injured or dying annually. (AFL-CIO Report) I believe workers have a right to expect to leave their job at the end of the day in the same way they arrived -- in one piece and alive. Wyoming citizens also have a right to not lose their home or livelihood should they become ill or injured off-the-job. While the national Affordable Healthcare Act (ACA) has been riddled with flaws, I concur with the general intent of the act of providing affordable healthcare insurance to our families and those in our communities.
I do not condone abortions. However, I believe this is a private, sensitive, and difficult decision involving a woman, her family, her physician, and her religious advisers -- and should not be between a woman and her legislator or state.
I believe that all people are created equal. As such, I support equal pay and equal rights in all matters for all of Wyoming's citizens, regardless of gender, religion, age, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, union status, sexual orientation, and/or gender expression.
- See also: Wyoming State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Wyoming State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 30, 2014. Bret McCoy ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Paul Barnard defeated Karl Allred in the Republican primary. Barnard defeated McCoy in the general election.
|Wyoming State Senate, District 15, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Paul Barnard Incumbent||66.2%||3,329|
|Source: Wyoming Secretary of State|
|Wyoming State Senate, District 15 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Paul R. Barnard Incumbent||54.1%||1,951|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bret + McCoy + Wyoming + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wyoming State Legislature
- Wyoming state legislative districts
- Wyoming State Senate
- Wyoming State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Bret McCoy on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wyoming State Legislature
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidate Roster," accessed May 31, 2014
- Bret McCoy, "On the Issues," accessed July 29, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed November 12, 2014