Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama State Senate, District 5|
Wadsworth earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Alabama-Birmingham in 1997. He also has a B.S. in Criminal Justice. He graduated from law school in 2003 and has worked as a lawyer since. He currently works in Walker, Jefferson, Winston, and Tuscalaoosa counties.
Wadsworth's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As your next Senator, I will work hard to keep our jobs here in Alabama while fervently pursuing opportunities to bring new jobs to our District. "
- Excerpt: "As Senator, I will treat your children as I do my children because our children are our future. I will do everything in my power to see that your child has every opportunity possible in our public schools to live up to his/her highest potential possible."
- Excerpt: "I will support legislation that will bring the state's Governor and Administrative Branch under the rules of the Alabama Ethics Law. The money given out through government contracts is our money and our government should be responsible and accountable in handling this money."
- Government Fairness
- Excerpt: "In 2007, the state legislature voted themselves automatic annual increases to match the rise in the Consumer Price Index. However, state employees' pay raises remain frozen. I will not accept this annual increase as long as state employees are not at least receiving the same increase in their salary."
- Constitutional Issues
- Excerpt: "...I will be adamantly against any attempt by our state to limit or take away any right guaranteed to us by the United States Constitution."
- Animal Welfare
- Excerpt: "Although, it is difficult to get accurate statistics, estimates show approximately 150,000 unwanted pets are euthanized in Alabama each year. I will be committed to passing legislation that will reduce this number."
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Wadsworth ran for election in the 2010 election for Alabama State Senate District 5. Wadsworth defeated Bill Cleghorn in the June 1 Democratic primary and was defeated by Greg Reed (R) in the general election, which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Alabama State Senate, District 5, General Election, 2010|
|Alabama State Senate, District 5 Democratic Primary Democratic Primary, 2010|
Wadsworth is married to Cindy Cater Wadsworth, and they have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brett + Wadsworth + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Brett Wadsworth's campaign website (Archive)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- The Wetumpka Herald, "Senate, House elections will be critical"