|North Carolina House of Representatives District 9|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Brown owns a small business in Greensville, North Carolina.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
|• Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Brown's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Cut wasteful spending
- Excerpt:"Brian believes that government must operate like most Americans run their homes, on a budget. A common Sense approach of "you cannot spend more money than you take in" is a must for our state."
- Excerpt:"Brian believes that true economic development can only be created through an environment where private citizens and business are able to retain as much of their hard earned money as possible and are able to reinvest in our local communities through consumer spending and job creation."
Improve economic environment for private sector job creation
- Excerpt:"Brian believes that with lower taxes, smaller government and less regulations we can continue to make North Carolina a better place to create new jobs and recruit businesses looking to relocate."
Less government and more freedom
- Excerpt:"Brian believes strongly that a government with fewer regulations and rules that hinder business growth and development is a government that understands economic development."
- Excerpt:"Brian is here today due to a very strong mother and her anti-abortion values."
Preservation of traditional marriage
- Excerpt:"Brian believes strongly that marriage is and should always remain defined as a union between one man and one women."
Brown ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 9. He defeated Jack Wall in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012 and defeated incumbent Marian N. McLawhorn (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Marian McLawhorn Incumbent||48.5%||18,644|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Brown is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Brown raised a total of $96,109 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Brian Brown's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 9||$96,109|
|Grand Total Raised||$96,109|
2012Brown won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Brown raised a total of $96,109.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brian Brown's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$22,106|
|Dunn, Billy R||$6,125|
|Everette Jr, Royce E||$4,250|
|Citizens for Susan Martin||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$96,109|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Brown and his wife, Rochelle, have one child. They currently reside in Greenville, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian + Brown + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Boy Hoops Fab 5: Spruce Creek soars atop first rankings - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- The food waste problem - Southside Pride
- Spruce Creek soars atop first Fab 5 - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- Sleet, ice, deep freeze hit large swath of US - Fort Worth Star Telegram
- Manning lifts Broncos; Panthers top Bucs - Rutland Herald
- Student runs for House - ECU The East Carolinian
- Community Organizer and ECU Student Running For State House - WITN
- NFL ROUNDUP: Manning tosses 5 TD to lead Broncos past Chiefs - The Morning Sun
- NFL Roundup: Dec. 2, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Famous Coloradans -
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official Campaign website
- House page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Brian Brown on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Marian N. McLawhorn (D)
|North Carolina House - District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |