|California State Assembly District 1|
|December 3, 2012-present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years|
Dahle's professional experience includes working as the Lassen County supervisor since 1996 and operating a seed mill and managing 2,000 acres of farmland inherited from his grandfather. Prior to his work as county supervisor, he worked for biomass and hydroelectric power companies and a gold-mining firm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dahle served on the following committees:
|California Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, Vice-chair|
|• Revenue and Taxation, Vice-chair|
|• Water, Parks and Wildlife|
Dahle's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Brian’s Promise to You
- Excerpt: "Promote a balanced budget—with no smoke and mirrors, no fuzzy math."
- Brian Believes In
- Excerpt: "The importance of private property rights."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Brian Dahle (R) will face Brigham Sawyer Smith (D) in the blanket primary.
Dahle won election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 1. He advanced past the June 5, 2012 blanket primary, defeating Robert Meacher (D), Charley Hooper (L), and David Edwards (G). Dahle defeated Rick Bosetti (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 1, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Dahle is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Dahle raised a total of $490,166 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|Brian Dahle's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||California State Assembly, District 1||$490,166|
|Grand Total Raised||$490,166|
2012Dahle won election to the California State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Dahle raised a total of $490,166.
|California State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brian Dahle's campaign in 2012|
|California Farm Bureau Federation||$7,800|
|California Association of Realtors||$7,800|
|Clt Logging, Inc.||$5,600|
|Right Fork Cattle Co.||$5,600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$490,166|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Dahle's endorsements included the following:
- California Farm Bureau Federation
- California Professional Firefighters
- “A” Rating from California Gun Owners Association
- California Republican Assembly
- California State Sheriffs’ Association
- Concerned Christian Citizens
- Contractors Association of Truckee
- Lassen County Farm Bureau
- Lassen County Republican Central Committee
- Modoc County Farm Bureau
- Nevada County Farm Bureau
- Nevada County Republican Party
- Northern California Carpenters
- Peace Officers Research Association of Northern California
- Plumas County Farm Bureau
- Plumas-Sierra Cattlemen’s Association
- Record Searchlight
- Shasta County Farm Bureau
- Siskiyou County Farm Bureau
Dahle and his wife, Megan, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian + Dahle + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly
- California Assembly Committees
- California State Assembly District 1
- Brian Dahle on the California State Assembly website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Brian Dahle on Facebook
- briandahle.com, "Issues (Archived)," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- "Follow the Money," "Dahle, Brian" Accessed September 12, 2013
- Mount Shasta Area Newspapers, "District 1 Assembly candidate is Lassen County supervisor," May 9, 2012
Wesley Chesbro (D)
|California Assembly District 1
| Succeeded by|