Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington State Senate, District 7|
|December 6, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Washington State Senate will consist of a blanket primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Brian Dansel (R) and Tony Booth (R) are unopposed in the primary.
Dansel won election in the special election for Washington State Senate District 7. The election was for the remaining year of Bob Morton (R)'s term. John Smith (R) was selected to fill Morton's vacancy for the 2013 legislative session. Dansel advanced in the Republican Primary and August 6 and defeated incumbent John Smith (R) in the special election, which took place on November 5.
|Washington State Senate, District 7, Special Election, 2013|
|Republican||John Smith Incumbent||46.4%||16,324|
Missed Votes Report
In March 2014, Washington Votes, the state’s premier legislative information website, released its annual Missed Votes Report, which provides detailed missed roll call votes on bills for every state legislator during the 2014 legislative session. The 2014 regular session included a total of 515 votes in the State House and 396 in the State Senate, as well as 1,372 bills introduced total in the legislature and 237 bills passed. Out of all roll call votes, 90 individual legislators did not miss any votes. 3 individual legislators missed more than 50 votes. Dansel missed 2 votes in a total of 396 roll calls.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington State Senate
- Washington State Senate Committees
- Washington Joint Committees
- Washington State Senate District 7
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- spokesman.com, "Colville-area farmer named to succeed Morton," January 4, 2013
- wei.sos.wa.gov, "State candidates in lot order," accessed August 5, 2013
- spokesman.com, "Incumbents survive their primary challenges," August 7, 2013
- Washington Policy Center, "2014 Missed Votes Report for Legislators Released," March 18, 2014
John Smith (R)
|Washington State Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|