Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Member, Vineland Board of Education|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Vineland Board of Education|
- See also: Vineland Public Schools elections (2013)
DeWinne sought election to the board against five other candidates for three seats on November 5, 2013.
|Vineland Public School Board, At-large, 3-year term, November 5, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Scott English Incumbent||21.2%||4,349|
|Nonpartisan||Alan Mounier Incumbent||13.3%||2,727|
|Nonpartisan||Frank Bongiovanni Incumbent||13%||2,652|
|Source: Cumberland County Clerk, "2013 General Election Results," accessed January 29, 2014|
DeWinne reported no contributions or expenditures to the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.
DeWinne received no endorsements during this election.
DeWinne won election to the board on April 15, 2008 by placing second out of eight candidates for three seats. He did not seek re-election in 2011.
What was at stake?
Incumbents Scott English and Alan Mounier sought re-election to the board against four challengers on November 5, 2013. Frank Bongiovanni was appointed to replace Carols Mercado until the general election. English won re-election while the two remaining spots were filled by DeWinne and Richard Baruffi. Tom Ulrich ran for the unexpired one-year term left by Carlos Mercado rather than pursuing another full term and won election to that seat.
About the district
- See also: Vineland Public Schools, New Jersey
Vineland lagged behind state rates for poverty, median income and higher education achievement in 2010. The city had a poverty rate of 13.1% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 9.4%. The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Vineland's median income at $54,978 while the state median income was $71,180. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (16.8%) is below the state average (35%).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + DeWinne + Vineland + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- TheDailyJournal.com, "5 throw hats in ring for Vineland school board seat," September 8, 2013
- East Vineland Little League, "Brian DeWinne," Accessed October 22, 2013
- New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission, "Standard Search," Accessed December 27, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Vineland," Accessed October 22, 2013
- Cumberland County Board of Elections, "Election Results," Accessed October 22, 2013