Brian Downs (Michigan)
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 73|
Downs' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "First, I want to ensure the protection of your Constitutional Rights, particularly the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution that are in grave danger."
- Excerpt: "Secondly, I want to reduce government intrusions into peoples lives. Our government should not be hindering citizens. People should not fear the government (something that is far too common)."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mary Polonowski was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Chris Afendoulis defeated six other challengers in the Republican primary. Afendoulis defeated Polonowski in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 73 General Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Downs + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 73
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- sites.google.com, "Platform," accessed July 31, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, Official 2012 General Election Results: Kent County Probate Court
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," July 31, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |