|New York State Senate, District 3|
|January 1, 2009 – January 4, 2011|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
Foley was elected to County Legislator for Suffolk County Legislature in 1993, and was re-elected to five terms. He is also the founder of the Environmental Quality Review Board. He was Town Supervisor for Brookhaven in Suffolk County from 2005 to 2007.
Foley earned his B.A. in American Studies from St. Michael's College.
While a member of the New York State Senate, Foley served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Senate
- Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business Committee, New York State Senate
- Crime Victims, Crime and Correction Committee, New York State Senate
- Education Committee, New York State Senate
- Elections Committee, New York State Senate
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Senate
- Transportation Committee, New York State Senate
Senator Foley discusses health care proxy legislation
Foley's senate site detailed the following legislative priorities: "His top priorities include cutting property taxes for Suffolk’s working families, delivering education aid to our schools, alleviating the home foreclosure crisis, and providing jobs and healthcare for residents in the 3rd Senate District."
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Foley was unopposed in the September 14 Democratic Primary. He was defeated by Lee Zeldin (R) in the general election. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Working Families Party.
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2008
Foley raised $1,329,006 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 3 (2008)|
|Brian Foley (D)||67,480|
|Caesar Trunzo (R)||46,758|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Brian Foley's 2008 campaign.
|New York State Democratic Party||$577,850|
|Citizens for Brian Foley||$130,527|
|New York Democratic Senate Campaign CMTE||$60,000|
|Suffolk Country Democratic CMTE||$12,500|
|Duffy Duffy & Burdo||$10,000|
Foley and his wife have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Brian + Foley + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Brian Foley," accessed December 19, 2014
- YouTube.com, "New York State Senate YouTube channel," accessed December 19, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 14, 2010," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 9, 2008," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns November 4, 2008," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on Brian's 2008 campaign contributions," accessed July 31, 2014
Caesar Trunzo (R)
|New York Senate District 3
January 1, 2009 – January 4, 2011
| Succeeded by|
Lee Zeldin (R)