|Former candidate for|
|U.S. Senate, Massachusetts|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Fairview High School (1980)|
|Bachelor's||University of Pittsburgh (1984)|
- 1994: Harvard, Government
- 1984: University of Pittsburgh, Mechanical Engineering
- 1980: Fairview High School
Herr files ethics complaint
Herr issued a statement on March 17, 2014, saying he filed a complaint against incumbent Ed Markey with the Senate ethics committee. Herr accused Markey of using his position to manipulate stock. Markey was under fire for writing letters to federal regulators urging an investigation into the nutritional supplement firm Herbalife.
"All you have to do is connect the dots to easily see that Sen. Markey used his public office to manipulate the stock of a publicly traded company in order to financially benefit a campaign donor," Herr said.
Herr ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, to represent Massachusetts. Herr ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 9, 2014. He was defeated by incumbent Ed Markey (D) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. Senate, Massachusetts General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Ed Markey Incumbent||59%||1,289,944|
|Source: Massachusetts Secretary of State Official Results|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Herr + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Masslive.com, "Independent Bruce Skarin enters U.S. Senate race, challenging Sen. Ed Markey with walking campaign across Massachusetts," accessed February 15, 12014
- Masslive.com, "Republican Hopkinton selectman Brian Herr to challenge U.S. Sen. Ed Markey," accessed February 15, 2014
- The Herald News, "Republican Brian Herr to run for Markey's U.S. Senate seat," accessed February 15, 2014
- Brian Herr for Congress Facebook Page, "Info," accessed February 15, 2014
- NewsMax, "Democratic Sen. Ed Markey Accused of Using Office to Manipulate Stock," accessed March 19, 2014
- Brian Herr for Congress, "Republican lodges ethics complaint against rival over Herbalife," accessed March 19, 2014