|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 51|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia University|
|Master's||West Virginia University|
Kurcaba's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Local Issue 1: Reduce Traffic and Improve Infrastructure in Morgantown
- Excerpt: "Unlike many parts of the state, the greater Morgantown area has grown tremendously in the last decade. During this time the citizens of the county have paid hundreds of millions of dollars in state taxes. It is time for more of those dollars to come back to the area to support our growth and infrastructure. Despite some creative fixes in strategic locations, the traffic in Morgantown continues to be a problem."
- State Issue 1: Term Limits for State and Federal Elected Officials.
- Excerpt: "When the founders of our country put the constitution into place they didn’t intend on the legislative body to be encompassed of career politicians. The House of Representatives much like the WV House of Delegates is set up with two year terms. The founders intended on frequent turnover in the position to allow new people and new ideas to be able to be voiced as the needs of the citizens changed."
- State Issue 2: Reduce taxes and the power of the state government.
- Excerpt: "Our state has enormous fiscal challenges over the next 10 years. believe our State Legislators should cut the budget leaving more money in the hands of the people."
- State Issue 3: Eliminating Voter Fraud.
- Excerpt: "It is vital we protect one of the most important rights we have as United States Citizens, our right to vote. West Virginia has been ripe with voter fraud for decades and it needs to stop now. A simple measure of taking a person’s identification at the polls is a way to mitigate this risk."
- State Issue 4: Defend our traditional West Virginia values, protect our Second Amendment freedoms
- State Issue 5: Put an end to unlimited tax payer funded abortions-on-demand.
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 51 is represented by five delegates. Incumbents Tony Barill, Barbara Fleischauer, and Charlene Marshall and John Williams and Nancy Jamison defeated Michael Safcsak and Marti Shamberger in the Democratic primary. Incumbents Cindy Frich and Amanda Pasdon and Brian Kurcaba, Joe Statler and Bill Flanigan defeated Todd Stainbrook and Roger Shuttlesworth in the Republican primary. Barill, Fleischauer, Marshall, Williams, Jamison, Frich, Kurcaba, Pasdon, Statler, Flanigan and Ed Olesh (L) will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Kurcaba + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- West Virginia House of Delegates
- West Virginia House of Delegates elections, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |