|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Barnstable District|
|January 5, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||College of Wooster|
|J.D.||Capital University Law School|
A registered Democrat since 2004, Mannal's professional experience includes working for candidates in both parties.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mannal served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Safety and Homeland Security Joint|
|• Tourism, Arts and Cultural Development Joint|
|• Veterans and Federal Affairs Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Brian Mannal was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Adam Chaprales was unopposed in the Republican primary. Mannal defeated Chaprales in the general election.
Mannal won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Barnstable District. He defeated incumbent Demetrius Atsalis in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Barnstable District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Demetrius Atsalis Incumbent||44.1%||1,624|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Mannal + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Electmannal.com, "About Brian," accessed August 15, 2012
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List, "Massachusetts Secretary of State," Acccessed June 26, 2012
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," accessed September 6, 2012
Demetrius Atsalis (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Barnstable 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |