|U.S. House, Texas, District 25|
|Bachelor's||St. Olaf College, 1974|
|Master's||Phillips Graduate Institute, 1994|
|Birthday||January 24, 1953|
|Place of birth||York, PA|
Matthews's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The free-market is over-taxed and over-regulated. Our Job creators, entrepreneurs and businesses, are so shackled by federal mandates and taxes that they are not really “free” to expand and employ."
- National Defense
- Excerpt: "This is not a time to make our military weaker! This is a time to strengthen and modernize."
- Excerpt: "The budget of The United States of America must not be allowed to become a vehicle for greed and irresponsible spending in the present. There is a morality to how our leaders choose to spend the citizen’s taxes. If they are spending more than they are receiving, they are passing on debt to our children and grandchildren, or printing devalued, additional money via the Federal Reserve which causes rising prices on all Americans. That is stealing!"
- Excerpt: "The federal government has exceeded its Constitutional power and taken on a role in the educational life of our Families it was never supposed to have! The individual States and local communities are supposed to be Free to determine and implement education as they see fit."
- Excerpt: "America is the land of immigrants. We are ethnically diverse but united on the Constitutional principles of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. America is unique in welcoming people from all over the world who share our core foundational principles and abide by our rule of law."
As of May 9, 2012, Matthews raised $24,168 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $20,138, leaving him with $4,026 cash on hand. Of that, 99 percent came from individual contributions, while another one percent came from PAC contributions.
Matthews and his wife, Leslee, have five children.
- Texas' 25th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Texas, 2012
- U.S. House elections, 2012
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Official campaign Facebook page
- Official campaign Twitter page
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |