Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 33|
|November 1, 2013-Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||October 22, 2013|
|First elected||October 22, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Brian Meyer was unopposed in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Meyer won election in the 2013 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 33. The seat was vacant following Kevin McCarthy's (D) resignation to work in the Iowa Attorney General's office. Meyer defeated Michael Young (R) in the special election, which took place on October 22.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 33, Special Election, 2013|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Meyer + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 33
- Iowa State Legislature
- therepublic.com, "Des Moines councilman, a Democrat, wins special election to fill Iowa House District 33 seat," October 23, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "State House District 33 - 10/22/2013 Special Election," accessed August 19, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed October 1, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed November 19, 2013
Kevin McCarthy (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |