Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 33|
|November 1, 2013-Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||October 22, 2013|
|First elected||October 22, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Brian Meyer is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Meyer won election in the 2013 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 33. The seat was vacant following Kevin McCarthy's (D) resignation to work in the Iowa Attorney General's office. Meyer defeated Michael Young (R) in the special election, which took place on October 22.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 33, Special Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Meyer + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 33
- Iowa State Legislature
- therepublic.com, "Des Moines councilman, a Democrat, wins special election to fill Iowa House District 33 seat," October 23, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- sos.iowa.gov, "State House District 33 - 10/22/2013 Special Election," accessed August 19, 2013
- "Official candidate list," accessed October 1, 2013
- sos.iowa.gov, "Official special election results," accessed November 19, 2013
Kevin McCarthy (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |