|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Mountcastle's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Investing in Education
- Excerpt: "You don’t build a brighter future for our state when the Legislature is slashing public education funding. You don’t build a strong economy for our state when we rank 46thin the nation paying our teachers."
A Commitment to Public Education
- Excerpt: "I believe we must invest in our public schools, our community colleges and our university system. I will be an advocate for our public schools because they are the foundation to the state’s economic future."
- Excerpt: "We must make sure the Community Colleges have the staff, resources and equipment they need to train tomorrow’s workforce so our citizens have the job skills they need to compete in a global economy."
Our University System
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative, I will be a champion for our university system because they are critical to fueling the minds of the next generation. The ideas, research and innovation being developed in our classrooms and laboratories will help drive a new and stronger economy as we move forward."
Getting State Government To Work for the People
- Excerpt: "We have to make government work again. Government at the federal and state level seems to be bogged down with hyper partisanship. The yelling and screaming from the extreme wings of the two parties – keeps government in a “hunker-down” mode and we need to fix that – because government still has key responsibilities and functions."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Chris Malone was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Brian Mountcastle was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mountcastle and Malone will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Mountcastle + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 35
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Brian Mountcastle on Facebook
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |