Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hilliard School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|High school||Hilliard Darby High School|
Perry graduated from Hilliard Darby High School in 2011. He is currently attending Capital University to study pre-law and political science.
- See also: Hilliard City Schools elections (2013)
|Hilliard School Board, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Lisa Whiting Incumbent||29%||4,507|
|Nonpartisan||Andy Teater Incumbent||28.1%||4,370|
|Nonpartisan||Paul Lambert Incumbent||23.8%||3,706|
|Source: Franklin County Board of Elections, "Election Summary Report for General Election in Franklin County, Ohio," accessed December 13, 2013|
Perry failed to win election to the board by placing fourth for two available seats on November 8, 2011.
|Hilliard School Board, At-large, November 8, 2011|
|Nonpartisan||Doug Maggied Incumbent||24%||9,098|
|Nonpartisan||Homer J. Logan, II||7.6%||2,877|
|Source: Franklin County Board of Elections|
In an interview with This Week Community News, Perry argued that the district should look at expenses like facilities rentals and staffing to reduce annual budgets. He cited annual rental of the Schottenstein Center at Ohio State University for three days of commencement ceremonies along with excessive staff at district offices. Perry also wanted the board to lobby the Ohio State Legislature to increase funding for public schools.
What was at stake?
Incumbents Paul Lambert, Andy Teater and Lisa Whiting sought re-election to the board on November 5, 2013. They were joined on the ballot by Perry, who was unsuccessful in the November 2011 board election.
About the district
- See also: Hilliard City Schools, Ohio
Hilliard outperforms the rest of Ohio in terms of higher education attainment, median income and poverty rate. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 46.4% of Hilliard residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 24.5% rate for the state of Ohio. Hilliard had a median income of $84,543 in 2010 compared to $48,071 for Ohio. The poverty rate for Hilliard was 4.8% in 2010 compared to an 14.8% rate for the rest of the state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Perry + Hilliard + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- This Week Community News, "Perry, three incumbents running for school board," August 14, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Elections & Voting: Campaign Finance," accessed December 23, 2013
- ThisWeek Community News, "Perry, three incumbents seek school board seats," October 20, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Hilliard," accessed September 19, 2013
- Franklin County Board of Elections, "Past Election Results," accessed September 13, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014