|Iowa State Senate, District 49|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Schmidt's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Financial security for all people
- Excerpt: "We need good paying jobs that will only come when statewide policies call out loud and clear to the business world - come to Iowa; it is a great place to grow your business. Healthy businesses mean healthy, good paying jobs."
Well maintained roads
- Excerpt: "We need to improve the quality of Iowa's roads and bridges, not only so that businesses will come to our state, but also that our children and families will remain safe. The state needs to closely examine the need for more dollars to keep our roads safe."
High quality Pre-K - 12 schools
- Excerpt: "Whether learning in a public, private or home schooled setting, ALL children must be guaranteed the best possible chance at success. Iowans know what is best for Iowa schools, not the federal government. I want to see Iowa common sense back in all Iowa schools."
Common sense rules and regulation
- Excerpt: "We need a return of Iowa common sense regarding the use of our lands and waterways. Iowa law must protect our agricultural heritage and the future of the family farm. Our natural resources are our greatest resource."
Mental health services and funding
- Excerpt: "With the redesign of the structure to a regional basis, many changes and challenges have been created for those at the county level: administrators, providers and consumers. The focus remains to keep a local, county based presence. Only then can there be assurance of accountability and assurance of meeting the needs of those who need assistance."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Rita Hart was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Brian Schmidt was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hart will face Schmidt in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Schmidt + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- schmidt4senate.com, "Issues," accessed September 25, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014