|Former candidate for|
|Colorado State Senate, District 34|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|(timed out) Campaign website|
Scriber's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
On Marriage Equality
- Excerpt: "Let’s lead Colorado to a repeal of [Amendment 43] before we spend more of our money to defend in court something with an obvious animus toward our gay and lesbian neighbors."
- Excerpt: "I will pursue all avenues to move to move Colorado to a flat tax policy based on purchase of non-food items."
- Excerpt: " I will ensure your government’s information is quickly available and accessible online. I will end secret contracts like that which CDOT negotiated for the Highway 36 development and will make sure residents have a chance to speak on important topics."
On Government Interference
- Excerpt: "Outside of safety critical professional licensing (engineering, medicine, etc.), let’s free the market, encourage competition, and improve the consumer experience."
- Excerpt: "The wildly unsuccessful War on Drugs in this country distracts law enforcement, siphons funds, resources, and time by prosecuting and incarcerating people – ostensibly protecting them from themselves while creating a situation where it becomes incredibly difficult for them to reenter the workforce and care for themselves."
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Colorado State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 31, 2014. Incumbent Lucia Guzman was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Stuart Siffring was unopposed in the Republican primary. Guzman defeated Siffring and Brian Scriber (L) in the general election.
|Colorado State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Lucia Guzman Incumbent||74.4%||31,889|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Scriber + Colorado + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Senate
- Colorado State Senate District 34
- Colorado State Senate elections, 2014
- Colorado State Legislature
- Official campaign website (timed out)
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Brian Scriber on Facebook
- Brian Scriber on Twitter
- Brian Scriber on LinkedIn
- brianscriber.com, "Issues," accessed September 30, 2014 (timed out) (timed out)
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed May 1, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 25, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 23, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 5, 2014