|Interim Attorney General of Utah|
|December 3, 2013 – December 30, 2014|
|Predecessor||John Swallow (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Gary Herbert (R)|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University (1973)|
|J.D.||University of Utah (1978)|
|Service/branch||Adjutant General of Utah, Utah National Guard|
|Years of service||2000-2012|
|Birthday||June 7, 1949|
|Place of birth||Logan, Utah|
Tarbet was vying to permanently take over the post. He was one of three finalists chosen by the Utah Republican Central Committee. The names were sent to Gov. Herbert, who chose Reyes, Swallow's 2012 primary opponent, to serve as Swallow's replacement until a special election can be held in November 2014.
A career member of the military, Tarbet began as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army Reserve in 1973. Serving numerous roles over the course of more than 25 years, Tarbet became Adjutant General of Utah on October 1, 2000. He served in this role for 12 years, retiring on September 29, 2012.
- J.D., University of Utah, 1978
- B.A., Political Science, Utah State University, 1973
- United States Army War College, 1999
- John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, National Security Fellow, 1999
Utah Attorney General (December 2013)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Tarbet + Utah + Attorney"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Deseret News, "Acting Utah Attorney General Brian Tarbet not ruling out run for top spot," December 3, 2013
- abc4.com, "Reyes sworn in as Utah's new Attorney General," December 30, 2014
- FOX13 Now, "Utah GOP picks 3 to be new attorney general," December 14, 2013
- KUTV, "9 Vie to Be Next Attorney General," December 6, 2013
- Utah.gov, "General Brian Tarbet, Utah National Guard," accessed December 4, 2013
- Standard Examiner, "Maj. Gen. Tarbet to retire after 39 years of serving in the military," July 8, 2012
- Office of the Attorney General, "BRIAN L. TARBET – GENERAL COUNSEL," accessed December 4, 2013
- KSL, "Acting attorney general mulling over decision to run for the office," December 3, 2013
John Swallow (R)
|Utah Attorney General (Interim)
| Succeeded by|
Sean D. Reyes (R)