Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives District 3|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado at Boulder|
- University of Colorado at Boulder
In 2000, Watson founded Northstar Commercial Partners, a commercial real estate investment company.
Watson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will work with the community, local businesses and other policymakers who see the importance of good jobs and organizations like the National Federation of Independent Businesses and state and local chambers of commerce to help create and maintain an environment that allows businesses to grow and thrive, by working for predictable and reasonable regulation and fair taxation."
- Excerpt:" I will work with parents, faculty and the administration through any transition that occurs in improving a school’s performance. I will also work very closely with education reform policymakers, and organizations like Stand for Children to help connect parents with resources that can assist them in working to improve our classrooms. In addition to regularly scheduled Town Hall events, I also hope to tour many of the schools and get to know the principals and faculty so I can better understand their specific needs and what has worked for them."
- Excerpt:"Stewardship of the environment is a key aspect of my campaign, and it will continue to be moving forward. I will protect our air, land, and water and work to develop affordable, competitive, and sustainable energy resources, which will help lower energy costs. I want to make Colorado the “Silicon Valley” of energy progress and development."
Watson ran in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 3. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. He was defeated by incumbent Daniel Kagan (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Daniel Kagan Incumbent||50.8%||19,610|
|Libertarian||David P. Jurist||4.7%||1,825|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian + Watson + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Brian Watson on Facebook
- Brian Watson on Twitter