|Former candidate for|
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 59|
|Profession||Water pumping specialist|
Storkson's professional experience includes working as a water pumping specialist and the maker of computer controls for water pumping, fertilizer injection and floatless tank fill. He is also an Oregon Licensed Landscape Contractor in irrigation and backflow installation for nearly 30 years.
Storkson's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Columbia River Crossing (CRC)
- Excerpt: "This bridge proposal is on a pace to become the first bridge in the history of the world to cost $1 Billion before a single shovel of dirt is turned. This colossal waste of taxpayer money illustrates once again the lack of leadership and good management in Salem. The I-35 bridge that collapsed in Minneapolis, Minnesota was similar to the CRC proposal and was rebuilt in a little over a year for about $250 Million. If they can do it we can do it with our bridge."
Driver privilege cards for illegal aliens and related issues:
- Excerpt: "I have been endorsed by Oregonians for Immigration reform and helped gather signatures to put this question on the ballot. As I stated above: If we are going to have any law we need to enforce it uniformly - or don't have it. My cousin is a missionary to Thailand and has a Thai wife. They are continually frusterated by faithfully trying to follow the rules regarding immigration laws and then watch while illegal aliens simply move in to our country. Rep. Huffman was instrumental in passing the "driver privilege card" law as well as in-state tuition for illegal aliens. If elected I will work to repeal both of these laws."
Gun control...2nd Amendment rights
- Excerpt: "While I have never owned a gun and have no interest in guns I am as pro 2nd amendment as you can get. Every American should have the right (and do, according to our constitution) to own guns. My opponent, Rep. Huffman may claim to be pro 2nd amendment but he can take money from the gun control lobby. This money insures that Rep. Huffman will not oppose anti-gun legislation even when he has the power to do so. That way he can refuse to oppose anti-gun legislation and still pass himself off to the voters as being "for" 2nd Amendment rights."
Oregon and the right to work
- Excerpt: "If elected I will support "right to work" legislation if for no other reason that it creates and retains jobs. One need no other proof than to look at the Boeing Aircraft company in Washington state. Many high-paying avaition jobs have been lost to South Carolina and other states because they are right to work states."
- Excerpt: "What is important about taxation is not so much what form of taxation we have (sales tax, property tax, income tax, etc.). What is important is that whatever tax we have that everyone pays the same rate. With widely divergent tax rates for different people we are now much like George Orwells' Animal Farm where 'all of the animals are equal but some are more equal than others.'"
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent John Huffman defeated Britt Storkson in the Republican primary. He is also running as a write-in candidate on the Democratic party ticket. Huffman is unchallenged in the general election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 59 Republican Primary, 2014|
|John Huffman Incumbent||91%||5,379|
Storkson is not accepting any campaign contributions for his campaign.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Britt + Storkson + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate elections, 2014
- Oregon State Legislature
- Oregon House of Representatives
- Oregon House of Representatives District 59
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Secretary of State - Candidate list