Bronx County, New York
Bronx County is one of 62 counties in New York. Since New York City's consolidation in 1898, the Bronx has been governed by the New York City Charter. The Borough President has minimal executive powers, and there is no legislative function within a borough. The following ratings are from New York City's website.
- Main article: Evaluation of New York county websites
Last rated on Jan. 23, 2012
- Budget is published.
- City council members are listed with full contact information. Meeting schedule is posted with agendas available.
- Administrative officials listed, can be individually contacted through the website.
- Zoning information and building permits available.
- Audits are available.
- Freedom of Information Law requests can be made online, under respective departments.
- Local tax information is provided.
- Annual Procurement Indicator Reports provided, along with a search for current bids and recent awards, but full current contracts do not appear to be available.
- Includes a "Lobbying Bureau," but does not appear to list information on government sector lobbying associations.
Borough President's Site
- Includes contact information for President and Department Heads.
- Official Website of the Bronx Borough President
- Official New York City Website
- New York Visitors Network - Bronx County
- Public Records Directory - Bronx County