|Iowa House of Representatives District 64|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Bearinger's professional experience includes teaching agriculture and biology at Jesup High School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bearinger served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Bruce Bearinger was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Craig Johnson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bearinger will face Johnson in the general election.
Bearinger ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 64. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent Janet Petersen (D) did not seek re-election. Bearinger defeated Jim Givant in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 64, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bearinger is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bearinger raised a total of $21,454 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Bruce Bearinger's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 64||$21,454|
|Grand Total Raised||$21,454|
2012Bearinger won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bearinger raised a total of $21,454.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bruce Bearinger's campaign in 2012|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Afscme Iowa Council 61||$1,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 234||$1,000|
|Iowa Hospital Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$21,454|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Bearinger and his wife, Eileen, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bruce + Bearinger + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 64
- Iowa State Legislature
- Rep. Bearinger's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Bruce Bearinger on Facebook
- Profile from iowahouse.org
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- iowahouse.org, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 24, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Bearinger, Bruce," accessed September 20, 2013
Janet Petersen (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 64
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |