Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Liberty Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||April 8, 2014|
|Master's||Grand Canyon University|
Cantwell is a children's social worker. He was previously a substitute teacher and a facilitator at Liberty Public Schools. He has his Bachelor's degree from Park College and his Master's degree from Grand Canyon University.
- See also: Liberty Public Schools elections (2014)
|Liberty Public Schools, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Kim-Marie Graham Incumbent||25.4%||1,294|
|Nonpartisan||Lori Tritz Incumbent||25.3%||1,286|
|Source: Clay County, Missouri, "General Municipal Election," April 9, 2014 These election results are unofficial. They will be updated once certified election results are available.|
Cantwell did not file a campaign finance report with the Missouri Ethics Commission for this election.
Cantwell did not receive an endorsement in this election.
What was at stake?
Three seats on the Liberty school board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Incumbents Kim-Marie Graham, Lori Tritz and newcomer Angela Reed triumphed over challengers Jesse Leimkuehler, Don Hubbs and Bruce Cantwell. Incumbent Bren Abbott did not file for re-election.
About the district
- See also: Liberty Public Schools, Missouri
Clay County outperformed the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 30.6 percent of Clay County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Clay County was $60,936 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in Clay County was 9.0 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" percentage, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off. Read more about race and ethnicity in the Census here.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bruce + Cantwell + Liberty + Public + Schools + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Radaris, "Bruce Cantwell - Liberty MO," accessed February 12, 2014
- Missouri Ethics Commission, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed April 9, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Clay County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Liberty Public Schools Elections|
|Clay County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Bruce Cantwell • Don Hubbs • Incumbent, Kim-Marie Graham • Jesse Leimkuehler • Angela Reed • Incumbent, Lori Tritz|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|