Bruce G. Peller
|Bruce G. Peller|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 5|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine|
|Master's||Wharton Graduate School of Business (MBA)|
Peller ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 5th District. Peller sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was February 29, 2012. Peller was defeated by Elisabeth Motsinger in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
|North Carolina's 5th Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Bruce G. Peller||30.3%||16,716|
As of April 18, 2012, Peller had raised $35,125 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $23,988, leaving him with $11,060 cash on hand. Of that, 65 percent came from candidate self-financing, while 34 percent came from individual contributions.
- Winston-Salem Journal "Today is candidates' deadline to file" Accessed March 3, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "Primary Election Results" Accessed May 9, 2012.
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results"
- opensecrets.org Accessed May 5, 2012