Bruce M. Larson
|Bruce M. Larson|
|Marysville Board of Directors, District 4|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
Larson sought election to the board without opposition on November 5, 2013.
|Marysville Board of Directors, Four-year term, District 4, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Bruce M. Larson||97.8%||10,998|
|Source: Snohomish County Auditor, "Snohomish County General Election Results," November 25, 2013|
Larson reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
What was at stake?
Chris Nation sought re-election without opposition for the District 1 seat. Larson ran unopposed for the District 4 seat previously held by Wendy Fryberg, who did not file for re-election.
About the district
- See also: Marysville School District, Washington
Marysville outperforms state averages for median income and poverty rate while lagging behind in higher education achievement. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (17.6%) is ahead of the state average (31.4%). The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Marysville's median income at $65,736 while the state median income was $58,890. Marysville had a poverty rate of 11.6% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 12.5%.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bruce + Larson + Marysville + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington school districts
- Marysville School District elections (2013)
- Marysville School District, Washington
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," accessed December 17, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Marysville," accessed September 26, 2013
- Snohomish County Auditor, "Past Election Results," accessed September 26, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014