|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 140|
|2007 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Morris' professional experience includes working as Ministerial Staff of Macedonia Church, Director of Human Relations for Norwalk Public Schools, and Art Director for FCB Advertising.
He is a member of the Cornerstone Community Development Corporation, Reporter with Dublue Words, on the George Washington Carver Center Board, and member of the Macedonia Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) Ministry, Mid Fairfield Substance Abuse Coalition, Norwalk Clergy Association, Norwalk Democrats, Norwalk Housing Authority Work Study, Norwalk National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), and the Norwalk Urban Youth Coalition.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Morris served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Technology|
|• Human Services|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Morris served on these committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Human Services, Vice Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Morris served on these committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Human Services|
Morris ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 140. Morris ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. He also ran unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 140, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Bruce V. Morris Incumbent||100%||5,327|
Morris ran for re-election to the 140th District seat in 2010. He defeated Joe Mastroianni (R) in the November 2 general election.
On November 4, 2008, Morris own re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives from Connecticut's 140th District. Morris ran unopposed in the general election, and he received 5,640 votes. Morris raised $14,056 for his campaign.
Comprehensive donor information for Morris is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Morris raised a total of $46,010 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Bruce Morris's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut State House, District 140||$3,620|
|2010||Connecticut State House, District 140||$7,316|
|2008||Connecticut State House, District 140||$14,056|
|2006||Connecticut State House, District 140||$21,018|
|Grand Total Raised||$46,010|
2012Morris won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Morris raised a total of $3,620.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bruce Morris's campaign in 2012|
|Marcus, Jill S.||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,620|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Morris raised $7,316 in contributions. 
His largest contributor was the House Democratic Caucus Cmte, which donated $2,000 to his campaign.
Listed below is the largest contributor to Bruce Morris' 2008 campaign.
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
Morris received a score of 0 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied with 72 others for the lowest score among the 152 scored members of the Connecticut House of Representatives. This score was 2 lower than his score of 2 for the 2009-10 term.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bruce + Morris + Connecticut + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hillsborough real estate transactions for Dec. 8 - Tampabay.com (blog)
- State Rep. to be Honored by Police Chiefs Association - Patch.com
- Final Regular Season Notes - University of Iowa Athletics
- Snowed under: Christmas comes early, often on TV - STLtoday.com
- 233 People in the ASC Industry to Know - PR Web (press release)
- 235 People in the ASC Industry to Know - Becker's ASC Review
- WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO GO - Florida Weekly
- Hillsborough real estate transactions for Nov. 10 - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Game Notes: Iowa hosts Michigan - University of Iowa Athletics
- Redskins at Eagles: Live - Washington Post (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Connecticut House Democrats - Rep. Bruce Morris
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Morris
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State "Candidate list" Accessed June 19, 2012
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 21, 2012
- ↑ Connecticut House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 140 Connecticut House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ "Follow the Money", "Morris, Bruce V.", Accessed September 23, 2013
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Yankee Institute for Public Policy, Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12, October 19, 2012
|Connecticut State House District 140
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |