|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Louisiana, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||O.Perry Walker High School, 1976|
|Bachelor's||Tulane University, 1980|
|M.D.||Tulane University School of Medicine, 1984|
|Place of birth||Thibodaux, Louisiana|
After growing up in Thibodaux, Louisiana, Barrilleaux graduated from O.Perry Walker High School in 1976. He went on to earn his bachelor's degree from Tulane University in 1980 and his M.D. from Tulane University School of Medicine in 1984.
Professionally, Barrilleaux has worked as an internal medicine physician in private practice since 2006. He previously served on the faculty at LSU School of Medicine, as a physician in a group practice surgical clinic and as an emergency room doctor.
Brrilleaux also serves on the board of directors at New Life Counseling Center and as a volunteer physician at Calcasieu Community Clinic.
Barrilleaux submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||"I am a Prolife , Conservative Republican nominated by petition. I do not take campaign donations and I do not spend any money on a campaign( not mine or anyone else) so that I will serve with no conflict of interest. In Washington, campaign donations are legalized bribes used to buy and sell influence. The results are bad laws and bad government. We can fix this by our good citizenship - only vote for candidates who do not take the money."||”|
|U.S. House, Louisiana District 3 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Charles Boustany Incumbent||78.67%||185,867|
|Source: Louisiana Secretary of State|
Barrilleaux ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Louisiana's 3rd District. Barrilleaux was defeated by incumbents Jeff Landry (R) and Charles Boustany Jr. (R) in the November 6 blanket primary. Boustany went on to defeat Landry in the December 8 runoff election.
Campaign video about social security released by Bryan Barrilleaux campaign
|U.S. House, Louisiana District 3 General Election Runoff, 2012|
|Republican||Charles Boustany Jr. Incumbent||60.9%||58,820|
|Source: Louisiana Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election".|
In an e-mail to Ballotpedia, Barrileaux wrote "I take no campaign donations and spend no money on a campaign by design."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bryan + Barrilleaux + Louisiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisiana Elections and Voting, "Candidate list," accessed August 27, 2014
- Politico, "House Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on October 7, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed August 17, 2012
- Open Secrets, "2012 Race: Louisiana District 03" August 2014
- Information submitted via email from candidate on October 7, 2014