|U.S. Senate, Arizona|
|Mayor of Youngtown, AZ|
|Place of birth||Youngtown, AZ|
|Profession||Owner, Cleaning Contracting Business|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate
Hackbarth's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It is my belief that our current administration, as well as Congress, does not want to secure our borders… why? I believe it is mostly about money, which in these trying times we can all sympathize with, but I am here to tell you that I think we need to step back and start thinking differently!"
- Excerpt: "Our current social security system is on the verge of a major crisis, caused by greedy men and women from Congress over the last 40 years, which may signal the end of our ability to take care of our disabled and senior citizens. Now it has fallen to our generation to fix this problem, which will not make everyone happy; in fact, it will most likely anger everyone, including myself!"
- Excerpt: "Our military bases generate over $9 billion dollars a year to our state’s economy. Many retirees relocate to Arizona because of our bases and that must continue. I will keep fighting to keep our bases in Arizona as I did while I was mayor. Arizona is unique."
- Excerpt: "We have had too many wild fires in recent years, and the cost to taxpayers and insurance companies have reached into the billions of dollars. I believe we can reduce these costs and save homes, properties, and businesses and the forest from destruction by returning to thinning out and maintaining our forests."
- Excerpt: "Arizona, with its year-round excellent weather, should be a great place to relocate any business, but instead, many businesses are leaving the United States and going south to Mexico or over-seas for cheaper labor. I believe we need to create special laws limiting such moves and create positive inducements to keep business here in Arizona and the United States."
- See also: United States Senate elections in Arizona, 2012
Hackbarth ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Arizona. Hackbarth was defeated by Jeff Flake in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012.
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Hackbarth's reports.
|Bryan Hackbarth Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 3, 2012||$420.88||$14,550||$(14,424.56)||$546.32|
|July Quarterly||July 11, 2012||$546.32||$3,919.74||$(4,466.06)||$4,104.42|
Hackbarth and his wife, Lourdes, have lived in Youngtown, AZ, since 1999.