|Former candidate for|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 21|
|Mayor of Youngtown, AZ|
|Place of birth||Youngtown, AZ|
|Profession||Owner, Cleaning Contracting Business|
Hackbarth's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Protect Our 2nd Amendment
- Protect Our Constitution
- Protect The Taxpayer
- Utility Rates: Aps, Epcor, Southwest Gas…Fight To Keep Them As Low As Possible
- Border Security: Build A Fence, To Protect Our Citizens
- Family Values / Marriage
- Illegal Immigration: No To Dream Act
- Education: No To Common Core
- Rights Of Children (Cps Issues)
- Protecting Our Military: Preserving Luke Afb
- Creating Jobs And Bringing New Businesses To Arizona
- Lower Our Corporate Tax Rate
- Smaller Government And Less Regulation On Our Businesses And Our Residents
- State Rights/Sovereignty
- Supporter Of Capitalism: What Is Capitalism?
- Excerpt: "Capitalism is a social system based on the principle of individual rights. Politically, it is the system of less governmental control (freedom). Legally it is a system of objective laws (rule of law as opposed to rule of man). Economically, when such freedom is applied to the sphere of production its result is the free-market."
Hackbarth's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Immigration Issues
- Excerpt: "It is my belief that our current administration, as well as Congress, does not want to secure our borders… why? I believe it is mostly about money, which in these trying times we can all sympathize with, but I am here to tell you that I think we need to step back and start thinking differently!"
- Social Security Reform
- Excerpt: "Our current social security system is on the verge of a major crisis, caused by greedy men and women from Congress over the last 40 years, which may signal the end of our ability to take care of our disabled and senior citizens. Now it has fallen to our generation to fix this problem, which will not make everyone happy; in fact, it will most likely anger everyone, including myself!"
- Arizona Military Bases
- Excerpt: "Our military bases generate over $9 billion dollars a year to our state’s economy. Many retirees relocate to Arizona because of our bases and that must continue. I will keep fighting to keep our bases in Arizona as I did while I was mayor. Arizona is unique."
- Arizona Forest Fires
- Excerpt: "We have had too many wild fires in recent years, and the cost to taxpayers and insurance companies have reached into the billions of dollars. I believe we can reduce these costs and save homes, properties, and businesses and the forest from destruction by returning to thinning out and maintaining our forests."
- Arizona Jobs
- Excerpt: "Arizona, with its year-round excellent weather, should be a great place to relocate any business, but instead, many businesses are leaving the United States and going south to Mexico or over-seas for cheaper labor. I believe we need to create special laws limiting such moves and create positive inducements to keep business here in Arizona and the United States."
Elections for the office of Arizona House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 26, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Esther Duran Lumm was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Rick Gray and Tony Rivero were unopposed in the Republican primary. Lumm, Gray and Rivero will face off in the general election. Bryan Hackbarth (R) was removed from the ballot before the primary, while Helmuth Hack (L) withdrew from the race.
|Bryan Hackbarth Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 3, 2012||$420.88||$14,550||$(14,424.56)||$546.32|
|July Quarterly||July 11, 2012||$546.32||$3,919.74||$(4,466.06)||$4,104.42|
Hackbarth and his wife, Lourdes, have lived in Youngtown, AZ, since 1999. They have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bryan + Hackbarth + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Arizona State Senate
- Arizona State Senate elections, 2014
- Arizona State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Bryan Hackbarth for Arizona State Legislature Facebook page
- bryan4senate.com, "Issues," accessed June 20, 2014
- bryan4senate.com, "Issues," Archived December 13, 2012
- arizonadailyindependent.com, "Candidate challenges," June 12, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Associated Press, "Arizona - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Bryan Hackbarth's Summary Report," accessed August 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Bryan Hackbarth April Quarterly," accessed August 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Bryan Hackbarth July Quarterly," accessed August 20, 2012
- Bryan Hackbarth campaign website, "About Bryan," accessed December 28, 2011