|Delaware State Senate, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Richardson is the president of Morning Star Publications, Inc.
Richardson's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Revise the method for determining the "Prevailing Wage" within the current enabling legislation. This will allow more state infrastructure jobs to be undertaken and increase employment for skilled and non-skilled workers."
- Excerpt: "I will introduce legislation to make Delaware a "Right to Work" state. Good jobs are fleeing Delaware and we are rarely even considered for new major manufacturing or assembly facilities. Every new or expanded U.S. auto assembly plant has gone to RTW states."
- Excerpt: "Many state agencies are exempt from responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. I will ask for an analysis of all exemptions and introduce legislation to rescind unqualified exemptions. You must know how your tax dollars are being spent."
- Excerpt: "I will NOT vote for the pending "water tax" that charges property owners with a new fee based on the area of land they own that is not permeable, (the Maryland model), or a surcharge added to the current assessed value property tax."
- Excerpt: "I will NOT vote for an increase in the gasoline motor fuel tax."
- Excerpt: "I will press for legislation that will eliminate the Gross Receipts Tax. Start-up businesses that have high sales volume may not be profitable but are subject to this tax. It is a job inhibitor."
Transportation Trust Fund
- Excerpt: "The intent of this legislation was that certain fees and taxes, one being the motor fuel gasoline tax, were to be collected and held in trust to be spent for construction and maintenance of Delaware's roads, bridges and other items of infrastructure. The Trust Fund is being disregarded and funds moved to balance the General Fund. I will push for legislation to prevent the continuation of this practice."
Delaware Economic Development Office
- Excerpt: "This agency has a current budget of approximately $55 million. I will press for legislation that will require this agency to report quarterly and post on the Delaware State website the names of recipients of all grants and loans made; and, a status and a performance report on loans remaining. "
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Delaware State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Incumbent Robert L. Venables, Sr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Bryant L. Richardson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Richardson defeated Venables and John Potter (L) in the general election.
|Delaware State Senate, District 21, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Bryant L. Richardson||53%||5,210|
|Democratic||Robert L. Venables, Sr. Incumbent||45.9%||4,514|
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
Richardson ran in the 2012 election for Delaware State Senate District 21. Richardson ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Robert Venables in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware State Senate, District 21, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Robert Venables Incumbent||55.9%||8,955|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bryant + Richardson + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Senate
- Delaware State Senate District 21
- Delaware State Senate elections, 2014
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Bryant Richardson on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Richardson for Senate, "About," accessed October 24, 2012
- Richardson for Senate, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Department of Elections, "Official Primary Results," accessed March 20, 2014