|Montana House of Representatives, District 91|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Big Sky High School, 2003|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana-Missoula, 2007|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Bennett served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Ethics, Vice Chair|
|• State Administration|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Bennett served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Administration, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bennett served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Administration|
On his Facebook page, Bennett said, "I am passionate about leading our state forward by investing in education, protecting our outdoor heritage, and creating quality high-paying jobs."
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. District 92 incumbent Bryce Bennett was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election. Incumbent David Moore (R) ran in District 92.
Bennett won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 92. Bennett ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Paul Varkuza (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 92, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Bryce Bennett Incumbent||66.6%||3,712|
On November 2, 2010, Bennett won election to the Montana House of Representatives. Bennett had no opposition in the primary. He faced Don Harbaugh (R) and Henry Kayl Good (L) in the November 2 general election.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 92 General Election (2010)|
|Bryce Bennett (D)||2,235|
|Don Harbaugh (R)||2,080|
|Henry Kayl Good (L)||120|
Comprehensive donor information for Bennett is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Bennett raised a total of $36,488 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Bryce Bennett's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 92||$13,306|
|2010||Montana House, District 92||$23,182|
|Grand Total Raised||$36,488|
2012Bennett won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bennett raised a total of $13,306.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bryce Bennett's campaign in 2012|
|Ballard, William R.||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,306|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Bennett was up for re-election, he collected $23,182 in donations.
No contributions to his campaign were over $1,000.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bryce + Bennett + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Facebook campaign page
- Twitter feed
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Facebook, "Bryce Bennett - About," accessed October 18, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 12, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Bennett, Bryce," accessed September 25, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed March 8, 2014
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
Robin Hamilton (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 92
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |