|Board member, Racine Unified School District, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||April 7, 2015|
- 1 Elections
- 2 What's at stake?
- 3 About the district
- 4 Recent news
- 5 See also
- 6 External links
- 7 References
This election will be held on April 7, 2015.
Plache reported no contributions or expenditures to the Racine Unified School District Clerk for School Board Elections as of January 12, 2015.
Biemeck had received no official endorsements as of January 9, 2015.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Andy Mitchell was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Robin Vos defeated Bryn Biemeck in the Republican primary. Vos faced Mitchell in the general election. Incumbent Vos defeated Mitchell in the general election, and was re-elected for another term.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 63 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Robin Vos Incumbent||63.3%||15,361|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 63 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Robin Vos Incumbent||89.5%||4,594|
What's at stake?
Issues in the district
Complaint against superintendent proven unsubstantiated
Lolli Haws, superintendent of Racine Unified School District, was under investigation after a complaint was filed against her. The complaint was related to an undisclosed incident that occurred when Haws was substitute teaching at Knapp Elementary School in April 2014. Haws explained that she had substituted in order to gain a better understanding of how the administration and the community can support teachers. After experiencing a few difficult moments in the classroom, Haws said she sees the need for proper staffing levels and manageable class sizes.
The investigation into the incident was conducted by Kenosha County Division of Children and Family Services, in order to avoid any conflict of interest between Knapp Elementary School, Racine Unified School District and Racine County. After concluding their investigation in June 2014, county officials determined the complaint against Haws was unsubstantiated.
About the district
Racine Unified School District is located in Racine County, Wisconsin. The county seat is Racine. Racine County is home to 195,041 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. During the 2011-2012 school year, Racine Unified School District was the fourth-largest school district in Wisconsin.
Higher education achievement
Racine County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Wisconsin in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 22.8 percent of Racine County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.4 percent for Wisconsin as a whole.
Median household income
The median household income in Racine County from 2008 to 2012 was $54,900 compared to $52,627 for the state of Wisconsin.
From 2008 to 2012, the poverty rate in Racine County was 12.6 percent. During that same time period, the poverty rate was 12.5 percent for the entire state.
Racial and political demographics
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bryn + Biemeck + Racine + Unified + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Racine Unified School District, Wisconsin
- Racine Unified School District elections (2015)
- Rising competition for incumbents in Wisconsin's 2015 school board elections (January 14, 2015)
- Wisconsin school districts: 2014 in review and a 2015 election preview (January 6, 2015)
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Racine Unified School District
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- Bryn Biemeck on Twitter
- Bryn Biemack on Facebook
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Margaret Koenig, "Email correspondence with Racine Unified School District Office of Communication & Community Engagement," January 7, 2015
- Ballotpedia:Margaret Koenig, "Email correspondence with Pat Meyer, Racine Unified School District Deputy Clerk for School Board Elections," January 12, 2015
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- 620TMJ4 Wisconsin's Radio Station, "Racine Unified's superintendent under investigation," May 19, 2014
- CBS58 News, "Racine school superintendent under investigation," May 19, 2014 (dead link)
- WISN.com, "Racine Unified superintendent under investigation," May 19, 2014
- The Journal Times, "Investigation concludes complaint against superintendent is unsubstantiated," June 20, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Racine County, Wisconsin," accessed August 28, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Racine County Clerk, "Past elections," accessed February 5, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2015 Racine Unified School District Elections|
|Racine County, Wisconsin|
|Election date:||April 7, 2015|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Don Nielsen • Incumbent, Kim Plache • Incumbent, Wally Rendón • Bryn Biemeck • Lisa Parham|
|Important information:||What's at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |