Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Alaska|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||August 19, 2014|
|Mayor of Yakutat|
|Mayor of Juneau|
|Birthday||May 14, 1953|
Mallott previously served as mayor of Yakutat and Juneau. He is a former executive director of the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation, president of the Alaska Federation of Natives and head of Alaska Public Radio Network.
- See also: Alaska gubernatorial election, 2014
Mallot's 2014 gubernatorial candidacy has been endorsed by the Alaska Democratic Party. The state party's central committee voted unanimously to support Mallot just one week after he announced his bid for the Democratic nomination and so far in advance of the primary. Indeed, the party stated that Mallot's was their earliest ever gubernatorial endorsement vote, citing members' approval of the candidate's "public service, business experience and "progressive" values."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Byron + Mallott + Alaska+ Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska Ear: Scrooge lives - Anchorage Daily News
- Gubernatorial candidate Bill Walker visits Ketchikan - KRBD
- OP/ED: Parnell Presides Over Fiscal Disaster - Alaska Native News
- Time to replace Alaska Gov. Parnell - Alaska Dispatch
- Alaska governor says no to Medicaid expansion, calls Affordable Care Act a ... - MedCity News
- Compass: Progress for Alaska requires change at the top - Anchorage Daily News
- Walker, Fleener may need to keep governor, lt. governor bids separate - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
- Alaska Dispatch, "Byron Mallott to run for Alaska Governor," September 3, 2013
- The Anchorage Daily News, "Mallot officially launches campaign for governor," October 15, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- The Anchorage Daily-News, "Democrats endorse Mallott for governor," October 21, 2013
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |