Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arizona House of Representatives District 26|
|High school||Mingus Union High School|
Merrill's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Life, Liberty, and Property are Sacred.
- Excerpt: "I believe that John Locke had it right when he defined Life, Liberty, and Property as Natural Rights inherent to all humans. I also believe that Thomas Jefferson had it right when he wrote that the proper role of government is to protect these unalienable rights."
- Rights and Responsibilities are Inseparably connected.
- Excerpt: "You have a right to live, you also have a matching responsibility to get food, water, shelter, etc… If someone else takes responsibility for you, then they have a right to impose conditions on you. In other words, if you want the government to do more for you, then you should expect to do more for the government."
- If you violate the Rights of others, then you Forfeit your own.
- Excerpt: "If someone violates the property rights of others, then the right to their own property is in jeopardy. Our Founding Fathers understood that the proper focus of the Judicial system was not to punish the perpetrator, but restitution to the victim."
Merrill ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 26. He and Jason Youn were defeated by Raymond Speakman and Mary Lou Taylor in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mary Lou Taylor||29.8%||3,611|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Buckley + Merrill + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, Issues
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- [http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/Primary/Canvass.pdf Arizona Secretary of State " Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013]