|Georgia State Senate District 25|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Southern Methodist University|
Jones earned his B.B.A. in Marketing from Southern Methodist University and his M.B.A. in Finance from Auburn University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Institutions and Property, Vice Chair|
|• Higher Education|
|• Insurance and Labor|
|• Regulated Industries and Utilities|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Georgia State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent W.B. "Burt" Jones was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
Jones ran in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 25. Jones defeated incumbent Johnny Grant in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. Darrell Black ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Jones defeated Darrell Black in the general election.
|Georgia State Senate, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Georgia State Senate, District 25 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Johnny Grant Incumbent||47.3%||11,216|
Comprehensive donor information for Jones is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Jones raised a total of $222,556 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 22, 2013.
|Burt Jones's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State Senate, District 25||$222,556|
|Grand Total Raised||$222,556|
2012Jones won election to the Georgia State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $222,556.
|Georgia State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Burt Jones's campaign in 2012|
|Star Importers & Wholesalers Inc||$5,000|
|David Shafer Senate Cmte||$3,500|
|Friends of Tommie Williams||$3,000|
|Cowsert for Senate||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$222,556|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Burt + Jones + Georgia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Burt Jones on the Georgia State Senate website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- The Monticello News, "Burt Jones to Run for State Senate" accessed October 4, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Jones, Burt," accessed August 22, 2013
Johnny Grant (R)
|Georgia State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|