Business and Labor Committee, Alabama State Senate
Per Rule 47 of the Senate Rules, committees of the Alabama State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Assignments, consisting of the President Pro Tempore, Lieutenant Governor, Senate Majority Leader and three additional members appointed by the President Pro Tempore. The rules do not specify how often committees are assigned. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The President of the Senate serves as an ex officio member of each committee, except specific Local Legislation Committees, with the power to vote. The President may appoint a Senator who is not already on a committee to serve as his official substitute.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||The Committee on Business and Labor, to which committee shall be referred bills and matters concerning the condition, development and interest of the work force, and matters related to the Department of Industrial Relations and the Department of Labor. The Committee on Business and Labor shall not exceed 9 members.||”|
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed February 11, 2014(Rule 47-b)
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014(Rule 48)
- Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014(Rule 48-18)
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.