Butler County, Kentucky
- Main article: Evaluation of Kentucky county websites
- County magistrates are listed, but only have mailing addresses, no phone numbers or emails.
- Administrative officials' contact information is provided on department pages.
- The site links to the Property Valuation Administrator's website, which lists tax rates.
- A search for "open records" gives a first result of a state page with thorough information on the Kentucky Open Records Act and how to make public records requests.
- The budget is not published.
- Information is not provided on meetings, building permits and zoning, and local taxes.
- County audits and contracts are not online.
- The website does not disclose if the county belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Official Butler County Website
- Butler County on Epodunk
- Butler County on FreedomKentucky (dead link)
- Butler County, "Fiscal Court," accessed December 11, 2011
- Butler County PVA "Tax Rates," accessed December 11, 2011
- Kentucky.gov, "Search," accessed December 11, 2011