Butte County is one of 58 counties in California. It's county seat is located in Oroville.
- Main article: Evaluation of California county websites
- The names and contact information of all county supervisor members is published.
- County supervisor meeting agendas and minutes are published.
- The current budget is published.
- Tax information is published.
- There is no information on administrative officials, audits, contracts, building permits and zoning or lobbying.
- Main article: California government sector lobbying
In 2008, Butte County reported $120,000 spent on lobbying the federal government. 
For 2007 and 2008, Butte County spent $497,409 on lobbying the California legislature. 
- ↑ Supervisors
- ↑ Agendas
- ↑ Minutes
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Taxes
- ↑ Butte County - Open Secrets
- ↑ State-Level Lobbying and Taxpayers: How Much Do We Really Know?, Pacific Research Institute