Byers School District Levy Increase (November 2011)
This measure was approved overall.
- YES 63 (47.73%)
- NO 69 (52.27%)
- YES 164 (57.95%)
- NO 119 (42.05%)
This measure sought to increase the current school levy by $330,00 a year for a further two years in order to pay for making roof repairs, updating lighting, repairing building as needed and replacing transportation buses in the school district.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
| SHALL BYERS SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 32J TAXES BE INCREASED $330,000 ANNUALLY, FOR A LIMITED THREE-YEAR PERIOD FOR COLLECTION IN 2012 THROUGH 2 014, THROUGH A PROPERTY TAX OVERRIDE MILL LEVY IMPOSED AT A RATE SUFFICIENT TO PRODUCE THE AMOUNT SPECIFIED ABOVE, FOR HEALTH, SAFETY AND FACILITY PRESERVATION PURPOSES BY, AMONG OTHER THINGS, • MAKING ROOF REPAIRS TO K-12 FACILITIES, • MAKING HVAC UPGRADES/AIR QUALITY CONTROL,
• INSTALLING LIGHTING/SECURITY UPDATES, • REPLACING TRANSPORTATION BUSES AND SMALL VEHICLES, AND • REPAIRING THE VOCATIONAL BUILDING WHICH TAX INCREASE IS ANTICIPATED TO BE OFFSET OVER THE THREE-YEAR PERIOD BY A REDUCTION IN THE LEVY OF DISTRICT TAXES FOR BOND REDEMPTION AND (I) SHALL BE DEPOSITED INTO THE GENERAL FUND OF THE DISTRICT, (II) SHALL BE IN ADDITION TO THE PROPERTY TAXES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD BE LEVIED FOR THE GENERAL FUND AND (III) SHALL CONSTITUTE A VOTER-APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE?
- Adams County Elections, Unofficial November Election Results
- Arapahoe County Elections, Unofficial November Election Results
- Arapahoe County Elections, November Sample Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Colorado Amendment 66