C. Anthony Muse
|C. Anthony Muse|
|Maryland State Senate District 26|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Maryland State House of Delegates, District 26|
|Bachelor's||Morgan State University, 1981|
|Other||MDiv, Wesley Theological Seminary, 1984|
|Birthday||April 17, 1958|
|Place of birth||Baltimore, Maryland|
Muse served in the Maryland House of Delegates from 1995 to 1998.
Muse earned his B.A. in History from Morgan State University and his Doctor of Ministry from Howard University. His professional experience includes working as a pastor.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Muse served on these committees:
- Fair Practices and State Personnel Oversight, Chair
- Health Care Delivery and Financing
- Subcommittee on Transportation
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Muse served on these committees:
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent C. Anthony Muse will face Jerry Mathis, Veronica Turner and Brian Woolfolk in the Democratic primary, while Kelley Howells is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
Muse won re-election to the 26th District Seat in 2010. He received 30,492 votes.
|Maryland State Senate, District 26 (2010) General Election|
|C. Anthony Muse (D)||30,492||100%|
Muse raised $170,846 for his campaign.
|Maryland Senate, District 26|
|C. Anthony Muse (D)||26,361||98.8%|
In 2010, a year in which Muse was up for re-election, he raised $99,072 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|County 1 Now||$6,000|
|Wayne Curry for Maryland Cmte||$5,000|
|D S G||$4,000|
In 2006 C. Anthony Muse collected $170,846 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|C. Anthony Muse||$5,000|
|Division 2 LLC||$4,000|
Muse is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Anthony + Muse + Maryland + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland transgender rights bill introduced - Washington Blade
- Maryland Lawmakers to Introduce Trans Rights Bill, 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Ban - Towleroad
- Trans rights bill, 'ex-gay' therapy ban top Md. legislative agenda - Washington Blade
- Oscars 2014: From 'About Time' to 'Zaytoun,' 289 features qualify for Academy ... - NOLA.com
- Senator Muse's website
- Official Maryland State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart summary
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 1998
- Senator Muse's facebook
- Senator Muse's twitter
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Maryland State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results"
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Official Results," accessed February 24, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections - 2010 Election results
- [http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2006/results/general/office_State_Senator.html Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for State Senator," accessed February 24, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Muse's 2006 campaign contributions
- Maryland 2010 campaign contributions, Follow the Money
- 2006 contributors to C. Anthony Muse
- C. Anthony Muse, Maryland State Senator
|Maryland Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|