C. Robert Brawley
|C. Robert Brawley|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 95|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position (current service)||1|
|Years in position (previous service)||17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|North Carolina House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina State University, 1968|
|Service/branch||North Carolina National Guard|
|Place of birth||Mooresville, NC|
Brawley received a Bachelor's degree from North Carolina State University in 1968. He is an insurance agent. Brawley was a helicopter pilot in the North Carolina National Guard.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brawley served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Insurance, Vice-chair|
|• State Personnel|
Finance chair resignation
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent C. Robert Brawley will face John Fraley in the Republican primary.
Brawley ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 95. He defeated Charlton L. Allen and Marc Fasano in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Brawley credited what he called a positive "face to face" campaign for his primary victory.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 95, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||C. Robert Brawley||94.8%||27,856|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 95 Republican Primary, 2012|
|C. Robert Brawley||57.6%||4,947|
|Charlton L. Allen||34.9%||3,001|
Brawley unsuccessfully ran for North Carolina Insurance Commissioner in 2004.
Comprehensive donor information for Brawley is available dating back to 1996. Based on available campaign finance records, Brawley raised a total of $144,268 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 3, 2013.
|C. Robert Brawley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 95||$24,924|
|2006||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 95||$20,108|
|2002||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 95||$12,809|
|1996||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 43||$46,600|
|Grand Total Raised||$144,268|
2012Brawley won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Brawley raised a total of $24,924.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to C. Robert Brawley's campaign in 2012|
|Brawley, Clyde Robert||$11,674|
|North Carolina Healthcare Facilities Association||$1,000|
|First Citizens Bank||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$24,924|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Brawley + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1996
- Statesville Record & Landmark, "Face-to-face campaigning was the key, Brawley says," May 14, 2012. Retrieved June 15, 2012
- Mooresville Tribune, "Brawley targets a return to N.C. House," February 24, 2012. Retrieved June 15, 2012
- votesmart.org - Biography
- ABC Local News "NC House Finance Chairman resigns, blames Tillis," May 22, 2013
- WCNC "Rep. Robert Brawley resigns as chair of the House Finance Committee," May 22, 2013
- Charlotte Observer "Mooresville lawmaker quits co-chairman post over upset with House Speaker Thom Tillis," May 22, 2013
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Brawley, Clyde Robert" Accessed September 3, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Brawley, C Robert" Accessed September 3, 2013
Grey Mills, Jr. (R)
|North Carolina House - District 95
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |