C. Terry Jones
|C. Terry Jones|
|Former candidate for|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Jones is a teacher at Hazel Green High School.
Jones's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Invest in expanding Pre-K programs to give all children an early start.
- Fund the programs that work in K-12 education like AMSTI and the ARI.
- Increase availability of training programs and technical schools.
- Repeal the Alabama Accountability Act and give public dollars to public schools.
- Offer teachers professional development to retain good educators in our classrooms.
- Jobs & Economy
- Repair and develop our state's infrastructure, which will create jobs and stimulate industry.
- Create workforce development programs to train workers for skilled labor positions in the community.
- Hold businesses that receive tax subsidies accountable for creating the jobs they promise.
- Give Alabama businesses preference for state and local government contracts.
- Open Government
- Close the "legislature-to-lobby" revolving door to prevent legislators from resigning to take high-paying lobbyist jobs.
- Strengthen the state's open meetings act to provide transparency in government affairs.
- Create term limits for members of the legislature.
- Prevent elected officials from entering into private contracts with companies that benefit from taxpayer funds.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. C. Terry Jones defeated Patrick A. Jones in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jim Patterson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Patterson then defeated Jones in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 21, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jim Patterson Incumbent||67.3%||9,428|
|Democratic||C. Terry Jones||32.6%||4,558|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 21 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|C. Terry Jones||60.4%||682|
|Patrick A. Jones||39.6%||447|
Jones and his wife, Jennifer, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Terry + Jones + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
- AL.com, "5 questions with House District 21 candidates Patrick Jones and Terry Jones," May 7, 2014
- Terry Jones for AL, "Issues," accessed May 7, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014
- AL Reporter, "Terry Jones Announces Candidacy in House District 21," December 11, 2013
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|