|California State Senate, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Jawahar's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need to change our conversation."
Crude by Rail
- Excerpt: "Catastrophe-in-waiting. You could stop it!"
Chico needs a better vision, literally!
- Excerpt: "We should persuade Jim to build his next office/factory in Chico, home for another CSU campus north of Sacramento covering more than 10 counties!"
Primary Care, Medical school, Nurse Practitioners, Telemedicine and more!
- Excerpt: "My senate campaign's platform includes a common sense solution to the California's ever growing need for Primary Care."
Tesla motors in my home turf?!
- Excerpt: "I am all for bringing an electric car company to NorCal. During my senate race over next five months and as your newly elected senator from District 04 in November, I will continue my work to achieve this goal!"
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of California State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Jim Nielsen (R) and CJ Jawahar (D) were unopposed in the blanket primary. Nielsen will face Jawahar in the general election.
In 2014, Jawahar's endorsements include the following:
- California Democratic Party (CDP)
- California Teachers Association (CTA)
- California School Employees Association (CSEA)
- California State Labor Federation.
- Sacramento Central Labor Council
- Mid-valley Central Labor Council
- Communications Workers of America, Sacramento.
- California Faculty Association.
- Evolve-ca, San Francisco.
- Pipe Trades Local 228
- Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones, California.
- Assemblyman Mike Gatto ( D - Los Angeles )
- Ricky Samayoa - Mayor, City of Marysville.
- Scott Gruendl – Mayor, City of Chico.
- Carlos Alcala – Chair, Chicano Latino Caucus , CDP
- Lawson C. Stuart – Chair, Veterans Caucus, CDP
- Courtney Driver - Chair, CYD Black Caucus
- Bob Mulholland, Former Member DNC, Chico.
- Ruth Ann Walker – Member, Senior Citizen Commission, Roseville.
- David Larson - Vice-Chair, Planning Commission, City of Roseville.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "CJ + Jawahar + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Senate
- California State Senate elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Senate District 4
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- CJ Jawahar on Facebook
- CJ Jawahar on Twitter
- democracy.com, "Issues," accessed September 19, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- democracy.com, "Endorsements," accessed September 19, 2014