Caesar Rodney School District, Delaware
|Transparency grading process|
- 1 Website evaluation
- 2 Board of education
- 3 School budget
- 4 Academic performance
- 5 Unions
- 6 School choice
- 7 External links
- 8 References
- Main article: Evaluation of Delaware school district websites
This website was reviewed on January 7, 2012.
- School board members are posted with contact information.
- Board meeting schedules and minutes are posted.
- Budgets are posted.
- Tax information is posted.
- Administrative and district officials are listed with contact information.
- Background check policies are posted.
- The site has no search function.
- Contracts are not posted.
- Audits are not posted.
- Academic performance reports are not posted.
- Information on how to make public record requests is not available.
Board of education
|David Sechler||Vice President|
Kevin Fitzgerald is the superintendent.
The 2007-2010 teachers contract is available on the district site.
For 2010, 9.0% of Caesar Rodney School District revenues came from the federal government, 64.0% from the state, and 27.0% from local sources.
|Supp. Svc. Student Transp.||$3,683,305||5.49%|
|Supp. Svc. Ops & Maint.||$5,649,809||8.42%|
District Allocation of Expenses (2008-09)
|Support Services Operations and Maintenance||8.50%|
|Support Services Student Transportation||5.62%|
Per pupil spending
For 2009-10, Caesar Rodney School District spent 9,768 per pupil.
For the 2008-09 school year the District spent $9,578 per pupil.
|Tax||2010 Rate||2011 Rate|
|Special Ed. Tuition||$0.3459||$0.3459|
|Major Capital Improvement||$0.1225||$0.1625|
2010 Tax Rates for the District are as follows. Each are Rate Per $100.00 of Assessed Valuation. Details about each are available on the District website.
- Current Expense Tax - $.54
- Debt Service Tax - $.1225
- Minor Capital Improvements - $.033
- Special Education Tuition Tax - $.3459
- Technology Maintenance - $.0241
- Match Tax - $.0595
There is also a Capitation Tax Rate, which is $12 per year for every District resident 18 years or older.
Delaware's school accountability system merges state accountability processes (School Rating) with the federal requirements (AYP), No Child Left Behind (NCLB). Annual reports are available dating back to 2004 on the Delaware Department of Education website.
School Ratings that a school may earn are:
- 5 stars – Superior
- 4 stars - Commendable
- 3 stars - Academic Review
- 2 stars - Academic Progress
- 1 star - Academic Watch.
Possible AYP results are:
- Below Target
- Meets Target
- Above Target
For 2011, Caesar Rodney School District met its AYP target and was rated "Commendable."
|School||Level||2008-09 School Rating||2008-09 AYP||2007-08 School Rating||2007-08 AYP|
|Brown (W. Reily) Elementary||Elementary||5 Stars||Above Target||5 Stars||Above Target|
|Frear (Allen) Elementary||Elementary||5 Stars||Above Target||5 Stars||Above Target|
|McIlvaine (J. Ralph) Early Childhood Center||Elementary||5 Stars||Above Target||5 Stars||Above Target|
|Simpson (W.B.) Elementary||Elementary||5 Stars||Meets Target||5 Stars||Above Target|
|Star Hill Elementary||Elementary||5 Stars||Above Target||5 Stars||Meets Target|
|Stokes (Nellie Hughes) Elementary||Elementary||5 Stars||Above Target||5 Stars||Meets Target|
|Welch (Major George S.) Elementary||Elementary||5 Stars||Above Target||5 Stars||Above Target|
|Dover Air Force Base Middle||Middle||5 Stars||Above Target||5 Stars||Meets Target|
|Fifer (Fred) Middle||Middle||3 Stars||Below Target||5 Stars||Meets Target|
|Postlethwait (F. Niel) Middle||Middle||3 Stars||Below Target||5 Stars||Above Target|
|Rodney (Caesar) High||High||3 Stars||Below Target||4 Stars||Meets Target|
|Charlton (John S.) School||Other||5 Stars||Above Target||5 Stars||Above Target|
|Kent Elementary Intensive Learning Center||Other||4 Stars||Above Target||4 Stars||Above Target|
|Subject||% Met Standards in 2nd Grade||% Met in 3rd||% Met in 4th||% Met in 5th||% Met in 6th||% Met in 7th||% Met in 8th||% Met in 9th||% Met in 10th|
In 2010, the district's federal graduation rate was 85.2% and its dropout rate was 4.2%.
In the 2009-10 school year the District has 698 choice students in 12 schools.
The District website provides some information on school choice, including the application process and eligibility criteria.
- Caesar Rodney school district official site
- Caesar Rodney Education Association
- CRSD Special Education Department
- Great Schools profile
- School Finder profile
- Local School Directory profile
- Delaware Department of Education "School Profiles," Accessed January 7, 2012
- CRSD "Board of Education," Accessed January 7, 2012
- CRSD "Meetings," Accessed January 7, 2012
- CRSD "Tax Information," Accessed January 7, 2012
- CRSD "Administrative Staff," Accessed January 7, 2012
- CRSD "District Staff," Accessed January 7, 2012
- CRSD "Board Policies: Section G - Personnel," Accessed January 7, 2012
- 2007-10 Teacher Contract
- Caesar Rodney District Profile - School Finances
- Caesar Rodney Profile - School Finances
- Tax Info
- Delaware Department of Education - Delaware Accountability
- Delaware Department of Education - School District Profiles
- Caesar Rodney Education Association
- Caesar Rodney Profile - School Choice
- School Choice