For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana
Calcasieu Parish is one of 64 parishes in Louisiana. A parish, in Louisiana, is the equivalent of a county in other states. The parish seat is Lake Charles. As of 2000, the population was 183,577. The Lake Charles Metropolitan Statistical Area consists of Calcasieu and Cameron Parishes.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- Meeting minutes and agendas are posted online. The parish also live steams meetings.
- The police jurors and their contact information are posted.
- Contact information is posted for administrative and elected officials.
- The current budget is posted. The parish should consider posting past budget to allow residents to compare the current budget with previous years.
- The website allows citizens to send feedback on the parish.
- Information is provided regarding permits and who to contact with questions about planning and zoning, but not all applications are downloadable.
- Contract information is posted.
- The Annual Financial Report included audits for the parish.
- Contract information is somewhat difficult to understand.
- Some of the drop-down menus are hard to navigate as they disappear beneath the bottom of the screen.
- The website does not disclose whether the parish belongs to any government sector lobbying associations.
- Local tax information is not provided.
- There is no instruction posted on how to access, or whom to contact, regarding public records.
- Calcasieu Parish's official website
- Calcasieu Parish Clerk of Court
- Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office
- Calcasieu Parish Schools
- Calcasieu Parish on PublicRecords.OnlineSearches.com
- Calcasieu Parish on ePodunk